Saturday, August 20, 2011

Backyard Part 1

This project begun awhile ago and is technically still not finished...but I reached a milestone today.

Before I get to "the milestone" let's go back in time:

This was our backyard when we moved in (notice if you will the weeds along the fence. They ended up getting about 3 1/2 feet tall before I did anything about them...)

After some time, I trenched the yard and laid PVC pipe for sprinklers. Now I'll have you know, this was all a slow process. I used a trencher that my dad had rented to do his own yard, I used left over spare pieces of PVC and fitting once he was done laying pipe...you know, the cheapest way possible!

And here we are today, wetting down this area of the lawn. Mind you, the sprinklers are STILL not done and i did the pipe months ago! haha don't judge...


And Viola!
(Did i just type the name of the instrument, or the word you say when you are revealing something? I don't know, I hope you get what I am trying to say...)

Insta-lawn! Well, it wasn't very instantaneous. It took some time to lay down. but nevertheless, a heck-of-a lot faster than throwing seed! You see, my dad bought a bunch of sod to do his own yard and when he told me he was buying some, I asked him if i could take the leftovers. Luckily for me, he had about 320 sq ft of extra! So we laid in the front section of my backyard. The rest of the yard needs some leveling and other work done but still, we have a little backyard with grass now!!

I have never laid sod before, and it was actually kinda fun!

So the plan is to finish the sprinklers ASAP and then probably next summer, fill in the rest of the yard with sod! I love my little yard...

2 comments:

  1. it looks awesome babe! I'm so glad we have some grass for Toby and Asher to play in!

    ReplyDelete