Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fence Part 2

So the last post I showed the fence built...but it sat on my back patio for a month...

But I finally put it in!!

You'd think that once it was built, putting it in would be easy? Yeah not so much...well it probably would've been had I dug the holes in the right spots (I had no idea how hard it was to dig 2, 1' 7" holes!!, then to do them again!) and trim one side cause it was like 1/2" too wide...

I got my dad to come over and help me carry the fence over to its spot, then RE-dig the holes, then I borrowed a saw from my NASCAR and beer loving neighbor across the street to trim the side, then set it in!
...and voila!
Because I've been trying to do everything involving the least amount of money possible, I opted out of buying cement to set the posts in using the logic: "the indians built their houses with dirt and water!" so we used just that, dirt and some water!

and here's a before-and-after pic I took on a nifty app I found on my phone:
And because I am SOO resourceful (yeah don't laugh), I have plans to use the lumber from the old fence for another up-coming project!

No comments:

Post a Comment